If you're looking for a delicious and easy chicken dish to make, look no further than Tony Chachere's Cajun Slow Cooker Chicken. This dish is full of flavor and can be used for three different meals. Plus, it's simple to prepare – just season the chicken breasts with Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning, place in a slow cooker, and let cook on low for 6-8 hours. Once the chicken is cooked, you can then use it for a Cajun chicken sandwich, salad, or pasta dish. Enjoy!
This dish is a great way to have chicken that is full of flavor, and can be used for three different meals. It is a slow cooker dish, so it will be easy to prepare ahead of time and then have it ready to go when you need it.
By: My Diary of Us
For the Chicken:
- 4 Chicken Breasts, Boneless & Skinless
- 4 Chicken Thighs, Boneless & Skinless
- 1 Bottle Tony's 30-Minute Burger Marinade
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
- ½ Cup Onion, Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Tony's Original Creole Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Dry Mustard
For the Salad:
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Cups Grilled Corn, Kernels Removed
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 1 Cup Cucumber, Chopped
- 1 Cup Black Beans
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese (Optional)
- Tony's Creole-Style Ranch Salad Dressing for Topping
For the Tacos:
- Pico de Gallo
- Avocado, Sliced
- Monterey Jack Cheese, to Taste
For the Sandwiches:
- Hamburger Buns
- Coleslaw Mix
- Tony's Creole-Style Ranch Salad Dressing
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 240 Minutes
- Prepare the chicken by combining Tony's Burger Marinade, ketchup, garlic cloves, grated onion, Tony's Original Creole Seasoning, brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, tomato paste, and dry mustard in the bottom of a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts and thighs and stir to coat the chicken thoroughly.
- Turn the slow cooker on and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 hours, until the chicken is tender.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and toss with the sauce.
- Serve as Slow Cooker Cajun BBQ Chicken Salads, Slow Cooker Cajun BBQ Chicken Tacos, or Slow Cooker Cajun BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Enjoy!
For the sandwiches, you can combine the coleslaw mix with Tony's Ranch Dressing for an easy and delicious slaw idea!
About Tony Chachere's®
Tony Chachere's® Famous Creole Cuisine is celebrating its 50th Anniversary! Established in 1972 by Tony Chachere, the "Ole Master" of Creole cooking, Tony's remains family-owned and operated in Opelousas, Louisiana. Employing more than 100 people, the family maintains a tradition of Creole authenticity in its comprehensive line of seasonings, dinner mixes, marinades, and sauces for both pantry and table.
As part of Tony's 50th Anniversary Celebration, pick up your commemorative can of Tony's Original Creole Seasoning. Order it now at tonychachere.com.